Sunday, January 10, 2010

Weight Loss Tips: What worked for me

In lieu of this weekend's seminar I wanted to give you a weight loss tip that has worked for me in the past. Two years ago I worked with a personal trainer three times per week. My goal was to tone up and lose weight. That I did, but not without hardwork, sacrifice, and commitment.

My personal trainer wanted me to keep a food journal. I laughed at him. He said he was so serious and he handed me a notebook and a calorie counting book that was small enough that I could carry it everywhere I went. It was perfect for me because it had every restaurant/cafe you could ever imagine (i.e I loved that it had two of my favorite places; Starbucks and Houlihan's) so I never had to wonder how many calories I was consuming.

During our initial assessment, he figured out how many calories I should consume in order to lose weight and wrote that number on the inside of the notebook. He also instructed me that I shouldn't eat after 6pm. You can imagine how wide my eyes got when he said that!! Every week I had to hand in my book to my personal trainer like homework. This also helped me stick with the journal because he would really get on my case if I didn't stick to the plan. The trick to the food journal is to write down the calories down BEFORE you eat them. Oh boy, was this a reality check! I remember when I was about to eat a cookie and I wrote down the calories in my food journal. I immediately crossed it out and decided against eating that cookie! I then chose a snack with a more reasonable calorie count.

I worked out with him three days per week for 45 minutes of resistance training and 15 minutes of stretching at the end of the session. I did 30-45 minutes of cardiovascular training (I most did elliptical, upright bicycle, recumbent bicycle with rowing) 3-4 times per week. I logged all of my workouts because it helped me organize my week and see what I had accomplished. It felt really good to write down my exercise in my workout journal.

In the end, I ended up losing 13.5 lbs and became toned and flexible again! It was such a great feeling and I was extremely proud of myself.

My weight loss tips:
1. Buy a notebook and start a food journal.
2. Purchase a calorie counting book or log on to a website that works best for YOU.
3. Write down the calories before you ingest them. Then decide if you want to still ingest them.
4. Start eating early aka eat breakfast and then don't eat late (after 6pm or 7pm).
5. Buy a notebook or use the food journal notebook and start a workout journal.
6. Find a person who you see weekly that you must hand your food journal over to in order to keep you on track.
7. Don't cheat because you're only cheating yourself!
8. Perform resistance training 3x/wk for 45-60 min.
9. Schedule 10-15 minutes at the end of your workout to stretch the muscles you just worked.
10. Perform cardiovascular training 3-4x/wk for 30-45 minutes.
11. Believe in yourself and don't give up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Shingles, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,HypertensionFatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Autism,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicitySyndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases,,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.
Dementia.,Lyme Disease,,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer Dercum,Lupus,Hpv,Weak Erection,Infertility,fibromyalgia,Chronic Diarrhea,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Breast CANCER,Lung Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Autism,Brain Cancer,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease..You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com / .  or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219.... 

Post a Comment

 
home | about us | our team | services | products | news | directions | contact us | physical therapy sources | sitemap
Copyright 2009 . Maven Sports Medicine. All rights reserved.